Can I connect my Olivet EMail account to a smartphone or other email client?
For tablets and other mobile devices:
- Most devices should auto-discover the server information for Office 365 (the Microsoft service that hosts our email system).
- Go to the account or email settings feature of your device and choose the option to add an account.
- The account type should be something like “Exchange ActiveSync” or “Exchange Email.”
- Enter your complete Olivet email address as the username and your email password as the password then press the “Next” or equivalent button to attempt the connection.
- If the connection and configuration completes, you are done.
- If you device cannot auto-discover the server, you need to do a manual configuration. On the configuration screen, enter “m.outlook.com” as the email server address along with your email address and password.
- If you are still having a problem connecting to the server, you may need to find your exact server name from the Outlook Web App client. There is a Mobile Phone Setup Wizard available from Microsoft to assist with finding the necessary information. Select the operating system of the device you are attempting to connect and follow the provided instructions.
For connecting your new email account to the Outlook desktop client or other email application, use the E-Mail Setup Help Wizard from Microsoft to assist with finding the necessary information and follow the provided instructions.