What is Olivet Email?
All faculty, staff, and students are provided an email account from Olivet. The email address is "<username>@olivet.edu" and is considered the primary email address for all university faculty, staff, and students. Any email-based communication sent from the university is sent to the Olivet email address. The password for Olivet email is the same as your ONUnet password.
Accessing Olivet Microsoft Office 365 Email
- Via Web Browser - Go to email.olivet.edu and enter your full Olivet email address (<username>@olivet.edu) and ONUnet password. Click here for information about using Outlook Web App.
- Via Microsoft Outlook - Windows
- Via Microsoft Outlook - Mac
Setting up Olivet Microsoft Office 365 Email on Your Mobile Device
You can access your Olivet email account by logging into My Olivet. At the top of the home page you should see a button labeled "Access Outlook email." Just click that button to be taken to the email login page.
You can also access Olivet email directly by visiting email.olivet.edu and entering your full Olivet email address (<username>@olivet.edu) and your email password. If you are a new student and have not yet changed your email password, you will use the default password given to you when you received your account details.
If you need assistance getting into your Olivet email account, you need to contact the IT Help Desk. Do not click the "Can't access your account?" link found on the email login page. Doing so will not take you to any kind of self-service password option for your email account. You need to speak with us in order to get your email password reset so please call us instead of clicking that link.
Your Olivet Email account password is not the same as your current ONUnet password. When you change your ONUnet password via a campus workstation, the changemypassword.olivet.edu site, or with assistance from the IT Help Desk, your email password does not get changed to that password. Likewise, when you change your email password, that change does not get applied to your ONUnet password.
If you want to change your existing email password, you can do so from within the Outlook Web App (OWA) application. After logging into OWA at email.olivet.edu, click the "Options" link in the top right corner of the screen then choose the "See All Options..." link from the drop-down menu. On the right side of the screen under "Shortcuts to other things you can do" section is a link to change your password. Click that link and follow the prompts.
For tablets and other mobile devices:
- Most devices should auto-discover the server information for Office 365 (the Microsoft service that hosts our email system).
- Go to the account or email settings feature of your device and choose the option to add an account.
- The account type should be something like “Exchange ActiveSync” or “Exchange Email.”
- Enter your complete Olivet email address as the username and your email password as the password then press the “Next” or equivalent button to attempt the connection.
- If the connection and configuration completes, you are done.
- If you device cannot auto-discover the server, you need to do a manual configuration. On the configuration screen, enter “m.outlook.com” as the email server address along with your email address and password.
- If you are still having a problem connecting to the server, you may need to find your exact server name from the Outlook Web App client. There is a Mobile Phone Setup Wizard available from Microsoft to assist with finding the necessary information. Select the operating system of the device you are attempting to connect and follow the provided instructions.
For connecting your new email account to the Outlook desktop client or other email application, use the E-Mail Setup Help Wizard from Microsoft to assist with finding the necessary information and follow the provided instructions.
When I go to the email.olivet.edu site it automatically shows my Hotmail or other Microsoft provided email account. How do I get this to recognize my Olivet EMail account?
You most likely have another Microsoft email account such as Hotmail or Live.com and have set your browser to remember that account on that computer. To log into your Olivet EMail account you need to clear that saved information by clearing your browser cache and temporary files. After doing so you should be able to go to email.olivet.edu and login in successfully. The login page should have a highway scene on the left side of the screen and "Office 365" showing above the login boxes.
We recommend that you do not choose the "remember me" option when using any publicly-accessible computer.
Visit the Current Students >> Email page of this website for more information about your Olivet Email account. Information about using, configuring, and personalizing your email account can also be found at http://help.outlook.com.
Microsoft Outlook is an email client that can connect to different email systems. ONU faculty and staff use Outlook as their primary email client. Students can use Outlook as an email client to connect to their Olivet Email account or just use the web-based interface (Outlook Web App) found at email.olivet.edu.
A very important change that affects how you log in to your Olivet email account is scheduled for Tuesday, August 25! At that time you will begin using your ONUnet password to log in to your email and no longer need to maintain a separate email password. The ONUnet password is what you use to log in to other Olivet services such as My.Olivet and Joule.
On Monday, November 18, Microsoft will be upgrading Olivet’s email service. There should be no disruption in your service during the upgrade period. We have already upgraded a number of individual accounts and it has been a very smooth process.
Some potentially malicious email messages that have been coming into our email system today disguised as faxes or document scans.