The Information Technology department provides computer technology support for Olivet Nazarene University faculty and staff. Below are news and updates, frequently asked questions (FAQ) and a list of services that we offer to our faculty and support staff.
Share course information and interact with students.
Your own ONU email account for communication and updates.
Training and updates on new equipment and software.
Look Ma! No Wires! Connect to ONUnet via wireless.
Student System, Financials, Human Resources, and Advancement programs.
Check your mid-term and final grades, register for classes.
Classrooms equipped with the latest in teaching technology.
The IT Department is happy to announce that Microsoft Office 2016 is now available for use on campus workstations! This optional upgrade for employees is available through Software Center on all university owned and managed Windows workstations.
There will be a full IT system outage on Thursday, November 5, beginning at 7:45 pm and lasting approximately 2.5 hours. This outage is to perform emergency maintenance addressing recent power issues that have been affecting our data center. Access to all university systems and the Internet will be unavailable during this time.
A very important change that affects how you log in to your Olivet email account is scheduled for Tuesday, August 25! At that time you will begin using your ONUnet password to log in to your email and no longer need to maintain a separate email password. The ONUnet password is what you use to log in to other Olivet services such as My.Olivet and Joule.
For tablets and other mobile devices:
- Most devices should auto-discover the server information for Office 365 (the Microsoft service that hosts our email system).
- Go to the account or email settings feature of your device and choose the option to add an account.
- The account type should be something like “Exchange ActiveSync” or “Exchange Email.”
- Enter your complete Olivet email address as the username and your email password as the password then press the “Next” or equivalent button to attempt the connection.
- If the connection and configuration completes, you are done.
- If you device cannot auto-discover the server, you need to do a manual configuration. On the configuration screen, enter “m.outlook.com” as the email server address along with your email address and password.
- If you are still having a problem connecting to the server, you may need to find your exact server name from the Outlook Web App client. There is a Mobile Phone Setup Wizard available from Microsoft to assist with finding the necessary information. Select the operating system of the device you are attempting to connect and follow the provided instructions.
For connecting your new email account to the Outlook desktop client or other email application, use the E-Mail Setup Help Wizard from Microsoft to assist with finding the necessary information and follow the provided instructions.
When I go to the email.olivet.edu site it automatically shows my Hotmail or other Microsoft provided email account. How do I get this to recognize my Olivet EMail account?
You most likely have another Microsoft email account such as Hotmail or Live.com and have set your browser to remember that account on that computer. To log into your Olivet EMail account you need to clear that saved information by clearing your browser cache and temporary files. After doing so you should be able to go to email.olivet.edu and login in successfully. The login page should have a highway scene on the left side of the screen and "Office 365" showing above the login boxes.
We recommend that you do not choose the "remember me" option when using any publicly-accessible computer.
Visit the Current Students >> Email page of this website for more information about your Olivet Email account. Information about using, configuring, and personalizing your email account can also be found at http://help.outlook.com.
Follow these directions: Setup and access your email account (PDF)
Ellucian, Inc. is an educational software company based in Fairfax, Virginia.
Colleague is a software package from Ellucian that includes Student System, Financials (including online requisitions), Human Resources, and Advancement programs.
UI is the User Interface for Colleague. Everyone who accesses Colleague forms should be using UI by now instead of the old version (the blue and white Ellucian icon).
The university portal, My.Olivet.edu, brings all our systems together in an integrated solution. Some single sign-on functionality is part of the portal and it provides a one-stop shop for information you may need as a student or employee of Olivet Nazarene University.
Recruiter is Ellucian’s new CRM (Customer Relationship Management) solution. Our Admissions office is is going to be an early adopter of this program and has just started the process of setting it up. This will give us better ways to communicate with our prospective students.
Ellucian Mobile Access (MOX) is a fully integrated mobile app for all Ellucian applications.