Technology & Library Orientation Course
Because technology and research is an important part of your education at Olivet, we have designed an online Technology & Library Orientation Course that is required of all incoming students. Most faculty will expect you to be able to work with this technology and do basic research in library databases.
This course has both online and on-campus components and provides students the opportunity to demonstrate mastery in various technology and research skills such as:
- Submitting a Turnitin assignment.
- Taking a quiz.
- Sending a message from your Live Mail account.
- Creating a forum posting.
- Checking your grades in Joule, Olivet's online learning management system.
- Navigating through My Olivet.
- Taking a library tour.
- Finding an article in library databases.
- Finding a book in online catalog.
To access this course, log in to the My Olivet portal then look on the "My Joule Courses" tab for a course titled "Technology & Library Orientation 2012." If you are a new student and do not see this course listed, contact the IT Help Desk
Note: The on-campus parts of this course are to be completed when you arrive on campus in August and participate in the JumpStart activities.