Technology & Library Orientation Course
Because technology and research is an important part of your education at Olivet, we have designed an online Library & Technology Orientation Course that is required of all incoming freshmen students. Most faculty will expect you to be able to work with this technology and do basic research in library databases.
This course has both online and on-campus components and provides students the opportunity to demonstrate mastery in various technology and research skills such as:
- Submitting a online assignment.
- Taking a quiz.
- Sending a message from your Olivet email account.
- Creating a forum posting.
- Checking your grades in Joule, Olivet's online learning management system.
- Navigating through My.Olivet.
- Taking a library tour.
- Finding an article in library databases.
- Finding a book in online catalog.
To access this course, log in to the My.Olivet portal then look on the "My Joule Courses" tab for a course titled "FA2015 Library & Tech Orientation (GNST-010-01)." If you are a new student and do not see this course listed, contact the IT Help Desk. Please note that the 2015 course is not scheduled to be released until after the July 4th holiday weekend. Look for an announcement in your Olivet email the week of July 6.
Note: The on-campus parts of this course are to be completed when you arrive on campus in August and participate in the JumpStart activities.