You may have received a phishing email with the subject “IT-Service Password Update” or "Urgent Notice!!!". These are fake malicious phishing emails.
If you clicked on the link “CLICK=HERE“ or "*HERE*" in the email and entered any information, change your password immediately.
To change your Olivet password go to changemypassword.olivet.edu or it.olivet.edu for more information.
Thank you to the many people who recognized this a phishing email and reported it to us. Our security team has taken action to limit our exposure to this threat.
- If someone asks you for information, question why they are asking and if you really know who is asking.
- Never provide information to inquiries that come to you. Always go to an organization's official site or address.
- Always pause and evaluate before providing information.
- Never give passwords to anyone. No organization should ever ask you for your password.
- Use a separate password for each account you use (both personal and work).
- Use two-factor authentication when available.
- Use strong passwords.
- Keep your device (computer, phone,… ) software/operating system up-to-date.
- Secure devices to prevent access if lost or in case of unauthorized access attempts.
- Make sure you are securely backing-up important data stored on your device.
If you suspect any of your accounts or devices may have been compromised, change your password(s) immediately by going to the source organization(s).