Labs provide convenient access to reliable computing resources and common software applications. They may offer access to applications required in certain areas of study or packages that individuals might need occasionally but not often enough to justify their purchase. Labs also provide an opportunity to learn about applications you might otherwise never have a chance to try.
- Convenient locations, most with printing, some with scanning resources
- Support staff to answer questions
- A variety of standard and specialized software
- Specialized departmental labs in some cases
- High performance graphics and visualization in the graphics lab