You may have received a phishing email which looks like the sample below:
Please do not click on any links and delete the email message. This is a malicious phishing email sent to try to steal your password. Our security team is aware of this issue and has taken appropriate action.
If you clicked on a link/button and entered a username and/or password, please reset your ONU password immediately. To change your Olivet password go to changemypassword.olivet.edu or it.olivet.edu for more information. All accounts using any password you typed may be compromised. You should change that password everywhere it is used immediately. This applies to both personal and work accounts.
- If someone asks you for information, question why they are asking and if you really know who is asking?
- Never provide secure information to inquiries that come to you. Always go to an organization's official site or address.
- Never give passwords to anyone. No organization should ever ask you for your password.
- Use strong passwords.
- Use a separate password for each account (both personal and work) you use.
- If you suspect you may have been compromised, change your password by going to the source organization.
Thank you for your diligence.