You may have received or heard about a Google Docs phishing email sent to many people. Google has made the following statement:
“We've addressed an issue with a phishing email claiming to be Google Docs. If you think you were affected, visit myaccount.google.com and perform a security checkup.”
Google Support information: Avoid and report Phishing emails
If you ever believe any of your accounts and/or device(s) have been compromised, change your passwords for all accounts immediately. To change your Olivet password go to changemypassword.olivet.edu or it.olivet.edu for more information.
General security guidelines:
- If someone asks you for information, question why they are asking and if you really know who is asking.
- Never provide secure information to inquiries that come to you. Always go to an organization's official site or address.
- Never give passwords to anyone. No organization should ever ask you for your password.
- Use strong passwords.
- Use a separate password for each account (both personal and work) you use.
- If you suspect you may have been compromised, change your passwords by going to the source organizations.
Thank you for your diligence.