Mutli-Factor Authentication (MFA) is an additional layer of security for your Olivet account. It makes your password easier to manage and adds extra security by requiring a second factor when logging in from an unknow device or if your account is being attacked. All Olivet users will be required to configure MFA the first two months of 2021.
Secure your account now using the Video Guide and steps listed below.
1. Download the Microsoft Authenticator app to your iPhone or Android device
2. In a web browser on a different device or computer, visit https://mysignins.microsoft.com/security-info and sign in if prompted
3. Configure the Microsoft Authenticator App on your phone
- Click on “+ Add Method” and select Authenticator App
- In the Authenticator App, click the “+” sign in the upper-right corner
- Select “Work or School account” and wait for the QR code camera to load
- On the webpage, click Next
- Scan the QR code with your phone and follow any prompts you see there
- Microsoft will send a notification to your app, make sure to click “Approve”
- Click Next to return to the list of methods
4. Configure at least one additional recovery method (text/phone)
- You can now use these recovery methods to get into your account in case of a problem.
- You may occasionally be asked to use them to verify your identity as a way to protect your account.